Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Internet Love Spells

If you have spent any time on the Internet looking at witchcraft/Wicca/paganism/etc., you are sure to have come across at least one “love spell” (These are also found on a popular online auction site, but don’t waste your money. And while I’m fairly certain you know which site I’m talking about, please don’t blame them for the stuff their users are trying to sell, they can’t screen everything.) but many of these are complete malarkey and will never work and this post will discuss my own theories as to why they will never work. I will also discuss my method of love magic, how I found love, and how it can apply to anyone. Even if you don’t believe in magic or if you don’t feel comfortable with those w-words, there is some very good, level-headed advice in this article.

Internet Love Spells - While preparing the first draft of this article, I popped over to that popular online auction site and did a search for “love spell” and was promptly presented with over 4,500 results, the first of which made me laugh pretty hard “~WEEK LONG CASTING FOR A EXTRA POWERFUL LOVE SPELL!~” with the low buy-it-now price of $13.45! Looking down some more of these listings I see other fun key words “Black Magic” “Black Magick” “Vampire” (for some reason I don’t quite understand, along with...), “Demon” “Djinn” and the list goes on with similarly absurd keywords to associate with love. During further research I have discovered that many of these actually ask you to target a specific person. This is bad. The reason this is bad is because trying to use magic to force an unwilling participant into a relationship is, in my opinion, reprehensible, and whomever is attempting this should seriously consider therapy. What’s worse is there are also spells that are used to bring back a past lover. The reason why this is worse is because someone (probably the other person) ended the relationship for specific reasons. Probably because they were generally unhappy or they realized that there was no love in the relationship. So why would anybody want to try to force someone to be with them when it hasn’t worked in the past? No matter what reasons that person can come up with, those are selfish reasons, and that most likely did not help the relationship that failed in the first place.

I have two more serious issues with these Internet Love Spells. Many people are charging for spells or services that either don’t or won’t work, and when they do fail, (from what I’ve learned) they spin a story saying that the client/target has a “special aura” that needs to be overcome (or some other story that is designed to make the buyer feel good about themselves, creating hope that the goal is just barely out of reach and therefore making them more willing to pay more), and for $XXX.XX the person providing the service will get additional “firepower” from their coven and ancient Wiccan spells (remember kids, Wicca only became a religion around the 1950’s, how ancient can these spells be?), or special medallions are needed, or.... you get the idea; it’s a scam. Which is unfortunate because the people who are buying this stuff are just looking for help or are misguided and haven’t thought things through completely, but they all end up as victims. Some of these people get hit worse than others, sure $13.45 isn’t a terrible loss, but what about $159.95? While I have danced around it so far, the two issues I have are the victimizing of people who are genuinely looking for a change in their love life, and in turn their life in general, but don’t know how to achieve it, and the fact that people are charging money for love. I personally believe that love should always be free. It costs nothing to give, so why should anyone pay to get it?

My theories that apply to magic and love - I phrased this as magic and love rather than love magic because a lot of these theories are necessary in all aspects of magic (my particular flavor anyway) but there are circumstances where love magic will be appropriate for this article. The first section of love magic is the hardest one: Introspection. I chose to start with the hard part because I believe that if you can get the hard part out of the way early, the rest of any task becomes easier in comparison, another benefit of this is as you progress through this “system” if you gain any new insights, it is easy to go back and make changes. The reason why this is the hard part is because you really need to take a good long, hard look at yourself and it can be disturbing if you do it right. And you have to take some serious time evaluating every aspect of yourself. For all introspection, focus only on the things that make you “you”. You shouldn’t be too concerned with your physical body because in the long run, it is going to change as you age. It is immensely helpful to keep a journal of your findings and evaluate yourself for a week or more. Keep it with you when you go through your life and take notes on your interactions with strangers, co-workers, classmates, friends, family, and yourself. During your meditations/introspection sessions, record the things you love about yourself and the things you don’t like about yourself. There is no “Golden Ratio” for the number of likes vs. dislikes, so I wouldn’t worry about the count, you should only be concerned with the content. The last step of introspection requires a bit of imagination. Look at yourself from the point of view of everyone else, and then from the point of view of “If you were to meet yourself on the street, would you like you?”

I believe there are 2.5 stages of introspection that are necessary to love magic. The first stage is to determine what it is you are looking for in a mate. When working in this stage, I like to think as though I’m working with a Djinni (Genie). If you have seen Disney’s Aladdin, then you know that Rule #2 is “I can't make anybody fall in love with anybody else.” So no cheating and just naming a specific person, furthermore, you shouldn’t just list the traits of that specific person just hoping that it will work out that you get them in the end anyway. And then the second part of this working with the Djinni method comes from more traditional lore. You need to really get to specifics on the qualities you want. Again, I want to remind you that you shouldn’t concern yourself with the physical appearance too much (When I did this, the only mention of the physical body I listed was that I wanted to be attracted to the person.). You should really try to list as many qualities as you can, such as how you will handle disagreements, where do they generally live in the scale from independent to needy, their self esteem, the way they view the opposite sex, the way they view their own sex, their sexual interest/level, the list goes on and on.

The second stage is more about you. You need to look at your qualities and decide if you are worth loving? And the answer is of course you are worth loving, so do you love you and everything about you? How can anyone love you if you don’t love yourself? Also, when you look at yourself, will the person you’re seeking, the love of your life, love everything about you? Do you think you are good enough to be with this ideal person? You shouldn’t take the mindset of “well they should just accept me for who I am” because if you think about djinni rules, it goes both ways, “You should just accept them for who they are”. Be the man or woman the person you love deserves. If you truly love someone you only want the best for them, that should include yourself, so become the best person.

The half stage builds on the self introspection. You need to ask yourself if love is the immediate need in your life, and if it is the right time to find love. Or would it be a better idea to wait a while and start getting your life in order? This question can lead to the next section: Self Love.

Self Love - The first part of this is you need to know (not believe, but know) that you ARE worth loving. The first person you need to love you is yourself. After all, if you don’t love you, how can anyone else? This is why the introspection and subsequent journal was important. Look at both the things you like about yourself already and the things that you don’t like as much about yourself. You should feel good about the things you like about yourself, but whatever you do, don’t feel bad about the things you don’t like about yourself. You should instead look at those items as personal challenges that you should be excited about overcoming. Depending on what you may be trying to change in your life, your desires as a result may change, which is why you want to start on the self improvement journey and get that process working before you finalize the list of what you are looking for in a mate.

Remember, I never said that this would be an easy process. Much of it can actually be difficult. It was very difficult for me, but I have never regretted going through this process myself, and I can’t imagine a happier love life, and many other areas of my life have improved drastically as a result of myself improvement.

The last section for preparation is learning and understanding magic, or building a magical foundation. Anyone can draw a picture of a bowl of fruit, but the people who take the time to study and practice the basics are the ones who get better results. I have studied martial arts and have a decent (but probably very basic) understanding of Yin and Yang energies. and the classic visual representation is an image of balance. I believe that magic must also remain in balance, furthermore, magic wants to stay in balance. Magic is all around us in everyday life and is abundant, but taking and taking and taking without giving anything in return (intentionally) is just plain rude for starters, but as I said, magic wants to stay in balance. If you don’t “pay” for your magic, then magic will find a way to collect. In the instance of taking and taking and taking, these people generally become spoiled brats, ungrateful people, greedy, and arrogant with a overly-strong sense of entitlement. These qualities are certainly counterproductive to yourself improvement journey, and frankly in my opinion are a reprehensible step backwards.

So, how does one pay for magic? The time and effort put into learning the basics are a magical act. The time you spent in meditation/introspection is a magical act. Deciding to make a change in your life and putting forth the effort are magical acts. And of course the final ritual, raising the energy, and imposing your will, to finally cast the spell are obviously magical acts. So as you are building your magical foundation, you should commit to it. Magic isn’t a toy, and dabblers seldom obtain the results they think they want. The point I’m trying to make is you need to give in order to get. It is all about balance.

Well now it gets down to the spell portion of this post. I’m not actually going to give you a spell, because magic will work better if it comes from you. However, I will give you a guide and the best advice I can provide you. Building your magical foundation should have taught you how to perform a simple ritual, so you should follow what you are comfortable with. When you get to the main portion of the ritual, you should state your purpose, what you want, give an offering/thank the gods, and that’s it. Magic can be simple.

Here are some final thoughts/guidelines (in no particular order) that will help you in your ritual.
·         You don’t need to use flowery words, buzz words, or anything like that to make magic work. What makes magic work is your own willpower. Many people have heard the phrase “If your mind can see it, and your heart can believe it, then you can achieve it”. In magic you have to know that it will work.
·         You should state that your purpose is to find love, bring love to you, etc. Also, what you should do as part of this is to ask for the wisdom and energy to continue to develop into the person you want to be, and become the one that the person you will love would deserve and desire.
·         You should give a reasonable time frame for the magic to fulfill its purpose. I stated a one-year time frame. I wanted to give the magic time to find the best person for me, or more specifically for the person I was trying to become. On top of that I wanted the extra time to continue to better myself without the delightful distraction that new love often becomes.
·         When you’re done, focus on your own development. Don’t obsess on the spell or searching for the results. When the magic is ready, it will let you know. For me, someone I hadn’t seen for months just happened to show up at my house one day when I just happened to be off work and he told me that he found someone I might like, gave me her phone number and gave mine to her, and within the next two hours she called me. She later told me that once she was given my number a voice in her said “You need to call this guy...RIGHT NOW!!” We have been together for over 7 years, and we’re still very happy.


I do hope this has been helpful for you. Please comment and ask questions if you would like. I will try to answer all questions, and I will update this post as necessary. And please, share this information with anyone who could benefit from it. As I said before, I think important knowledge should be freely shared. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Bright Blessings.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 24, 2011 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Otaku Wife said...

This may go without saying for some people, but if you are open to the idea, purposely fail to specify a gender in this process. Finding a good partner in life, someone you can share the hardships with and trust that they'll stay beside you the whole way, is hard enough already without limiting yourself to half the population.
And please - unless it's VERY important to you, don't be enough of an absolute creep as to specify a race or country of origin. This one should go without saying.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home